THE UNIT IN 2013
The Spectroscopy and Kinetics Unit provides ICIQ researchers with technical support in different spectroscopic techniques as well as in kinetic reaction mechanisms studies.
In the year 2013, the Spectroscopy and Kinetics Unit took the responsibility over a couple of instruments to monitor reactions in situ: React IR and Omnical Calorimeter, formerly part of the Chemical Reaction Technologies Unit.
In 2013 new procedures and techniques have been set up:
- Solid state spectra in the 250-800 nm region can be measured using an integrating sphere in our Shimadzu UV-vis 2500PC spectrophotometer.
- The Polychrome V (Till Photonics) device, an autonomous monochromatic source, has been coupled to a spectrophotometer in order to follow a photochemical reaction irradiating at specific wavelengths.
- A 980 nm, 1 W power laser has been used in the Fluorimeter as excitation source in order to measure two photons excitation spectra (upconversion).
- An aluminium cell built in our workshop connected to an external circulating bath allowed us to measure Raman samples in the range -10 to 80 ºC.
MOST IMPORTANT EQUIPMENT
- Two Fluorimeters: Fluorolog from Horiba Jobin Yvon and Aminco-Bowman Series 2from ThermoNicolet.
- Spectrophotometer Lambda 1050 from Perkin Elmer for the entire UV/Vis/NIR range.
- Three spectrophotometers UV-Vis from Shimadzu.
- FT-IR 5700 Spectrometer with FTRaman Module from ThermoNicolet.
- FT-IR Spectrometer Vertex 70v from BRUKER.
- FT-IR Spectrometer Alpha from BRUKER.
- Polarimeter P-1030 from Jasco.
- Circular Dichroism Spectrometer Chirascan from Applied Photophysics.
- Fast Mixing Stopped Flow Module SFM300 from Bio-Logic.
- Lifetime Fluorimeter LifeSpec II from Edinburgh Instruments.
- Microplate reader FLUOstar Omega from BMG Labtech.
- Raman Spectrometers i-Raman from BWTEK with 532 nm and 785 nm excitation lasers.
- React IR 4000from Mettler Toledo.
- Super CRC from Omnicaltech.